Anja has 20 years experience as a graphic designer across a wide range of industries. She managed the graphic design team at Groupon, which involved balancing the high demands of a start up, fostering high performance and employee satisfaction. During this time she also implemented processes to create more efficient work flow, saving time and resources.
She gained experience in online retail branding, as the Co Founder of The Glasshouse Co. in Sydney, Australia which was featured in various leading Interior Design magazines and blogs. She designed the social media content for their Facebook and Instagram accounts, gaining many engaged followers.
Anja also gained experience in the event and hospitality industry, as one of the leading Event Managers and the in-house Graphic Designer at Maverick Venues in the U.K. This diverse role gave her valuable insight into stakeholder management, marketing and delivering exceptional customer service.
For the last 7 years, Anja has been working on design related start ups, whilst caring for her 2 children (Chloe aged 8 and Christian aged 6). She has also been running a printable craft business, Lemon Squeezy. Her limited edition Lemon Squeezy kits are for sale on Dinner Ladies, frequently selling out within a week of the new designs going live. The Lemon Squeezy Pinterest account she designed and runs, currently has over 100 000 visits per month, leading to a continuous flow of new customers.
She has been working as a freelance Graphic Designer for clients in various industries, from real estate agencies, executive coaches and networking groups to schools and day cares.
FOUNDER OF LEMON SQUEEZY
RUNNING A CREATIVE DESIGN COMPANY
& SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
• Created the Lemon Squeezy website and Etsy content, generating recurring, passive income
• Collaborated with The Dinner Ladies to produce craft kits, frequently selling out within a week of the new designs going live
GRAPHIC DESIGN MANAGER AT GROUPON
BUILT & LED HIGH PERFORMING TEAM
• Balanced the high demands of a start up, by maintaining creativity and fun in our workplace
• Managed team of 4 graphic designers, fostering high performance & employee satisfaction
• Implemented processes creating more efficient work flow, saving time and resources
FREELANCE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
MANAGING COMPLETE DESIGN PROCESS, FROM CONCEPTUALISATION TO DELIVERY
• Skilled use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft Office Suite and web design (Wix, Shopify, Weebly, etc)
• Known to work highly collaboratively with clients, producing designs that clearly represent their brand and style, to the highest standard
CO FOUNDER OF THE GLASSHOUSE CO
EXPERIENCE IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, MARKETING AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
• Successfully designed and launched a new product in the Australian market, which was featured in famous interior design magazines
• Designed and built The Glasshouse Co. website and ecommerce platforms
• Ran logistics operations and ensured excellent on time delivery and profitable operations
• Received excellent feedback from customers for our quick and friendly communication, as well as excellent service
IN-HOUSE GRAPHIC DESIGNER AND EVENT MANAGER AT MAVERICK
EXPERIENCE IN EVENT COORDINATION, EVENT & HOSPITALTY RELATED DESIGN WORK
• Successfully managed almost 100 events, including catering & supplier coordination
• Designed and delivered a three week corporate event for more than 3,000 guests
• Built strong relationships with many clients, from initial planning, through to perfecting final details on the day
• Managed teams of up to twenty staff to deliver excellent service and seamless execution